Monday, May 18, 2009

Hospital News

Last week was pretty much a whirlwind for the Sitko household. I went to the doctor on Wednesday for my first check-up and sonogram. Turns out that the tech found nothing in my uterus and a "large mass" in my right tube, so the doc thought I had a tubular pregnancy. I went to the hospital for bloodwork and it turns out that I was in fact pregnant and my hormones were completely out of whack! Turns out that my husband already knew that... I waited that night for the doctor to call and tell me the next step. Finally, the call came at 8:30PM. He said that I needed to go in for emergency surgery on Thursday morning to have the fetus removed from my tube, because it was not a viable pregnancy. So, we went in on Thursday morning at 6:00AM for preparation. My blood pressure was extremely low (84/56), which is quite abnormal since I am such a go-go-go type of person. Surgery began at 8 and I woke up sometime around 10:30. I spoke to the doctor again and found out that I got the 2 for 1 deal...a laproscopic surgery and a DNC. Yea! The good news is that it was not a tubular pregnancy, but rather, a normal miscarriage that needed a little help leaving my uterus. So, both tubes are in tact and we are cleared to actually start trying in a couple of months if we so choose.

Besides the bruising and soreness, I am actually feeling okay. Each day is getting better! Thanks to all our friends and family who have been there this last week.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Oh my miss Brit! I am so glad to hear that you are doing okay. Take care!

Jaycie and Randy said...

Brittany I hope you are starting to feel better!! I have been thinking about you!! Take care of YOU!!